Monday, October 11, 2010

The Inaugural Date!!

Well...the moment I've been preparing for for the last few weeks is finally here!! The announcement of our first "Date of the Week", right here on the brand spankin' new Personals blog!

Friends, let's welcome Elizabeth, from "Trenches of Mommyhood" as our first Date!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Here's what Elizabeth has to say about her "Mommy Blog"...

"Mama to three little ones, deep in the trenches of motherhood. Random thoughts on day-to-day life, frugal living, $75 weekly grocery lists, homeschooling, breastfeeding, natural birthing, attachment parenting, and "granola" lifestyle. Something for everyone."
I sent her some questions, so that we could get to know her a little more...

If you were handed an open ended airline ticket...anywhere, any number of people, for any amount of time...where would you go, who would you bring, how long would you stay?

I haven't traveled much at all and travel is one of my big dreams so it would be quite difficult to decide where to go - there are so many places! I would take my immediate family with me (husband/kids). We all need a bit of time to reconnect and a family vacation may do the trick. Ireland or Australia are two places I would love to see. I think a month would be the right amount of time...enough time to relax but not enough that we would be longing for home.


What would you say your “passion” is?

My passions come and go and change with the seasons of my life. Right now I have two passions, one of which is to raise my children up to be good people. I'm pretty sure that is one passion of every parent though. :)

My second passion at the moment is to live simply, live green, and live beneath our means. These are all passions that sprouted from the waste and "me, me, me" mentality of our country. I've run a budget challenge on my blog several times (one is coming up too!) where we have lived off just $1,200 for a month (which includes housing, food, bills...everything!). I wanted to prove to myself that we could live on so much less. I've been using more natural homemade cleaning products, doing away with paper products, and trying to pair down our clutter to be in a simple place.


When you were a teenager, what was the worst trouble you got into?

This *could* be an exciting answer...if it weren't me that you asked. No need to lie here...I was just a pretty straight forward teen that rarely went against my parents wishes. I never even stayed out past curfew!

Maybe I could list getting married at age 18 as *trouble* :) but not really, since almost 10 years later we are still married.

I can't come up with one thing that I remember getting yelled at or in deep trouble for (except the normal "do your chores" routines). Sorry for such a boring answer!
As part of the new routine for our "Date Night", I'm providing you with three of Elizabeth's favorite posts.

In June, Elizabeth did a "$1200 Budget Challenge" (Did she make it?!), here is the link to that month's archive of posts...a 30 Day Budget Challenge.

And...she showered with a cowboy and an army guy!! I can't believe it..."Confessions of Mommyhood".

A fabulous post, reminding us to love and appreciate our husbands..."Remember Not to Forget".

Well guys...you know the drill by now...head on over to "Trenches of Mommyhood" to pay Elizabeth a visit...

And tell her Mama sent you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment