Monday, December 6, 2010

The Flying Fork

It's time for a new Date!!

This week, I'd like to introduce you to Megan, author of "The Flying Fork". Here's what Megan says about "The Flying Fork":

My blog has changed a lot from its inception when I was a freewheeling single girl and high school English teacher with a burning desire to save the world. Now I’m married with a baby and a quiet little job in healthcare engineering. Come visit me to read about my (very honest, very humbling) experiences with my baby, Johnny, my non-romance with the love of my life, Mr. Meat and Potatoes, recipes, shopping tips, and dirty little secrets.

And, so we can get to know Megan a little more, here is my "interview" with her:


When you were a teenager, what was the worst trouble you got into?

Oh, man. I was kind of a bad girl as a teenager. Like, the bad girl that didn't sleep with boys like all my friends, but who drank too much Boone's farm at parties. So, on Halloween my senior year, my friends and I organized the senior scavenger hunt, as was the tradition in my town. The highlight of the evening was the huge sloshy cooler in the van we were driving, full of fruity alcoholic beverages we'd painstakingly procured.


One of the items on the list was a "dip" sign - there was only one in town. One of the guys on our team actually hopped out to get the thing, and BOOM. We all went downtown to the police station, where our parents had to come pick us up. Not my most shining moment.

What has been the greatest moment of your life so far?

No question - the moment my son was born. Is there a mother in the world who would answer that question differently?

What was the best job you’ve ever had?

That is hard - I've had a lot of jobs in my life. That were all great in some ways, and total crap in some ways. I suppose the seven years I spent teaching at a private high school would be the best. Not because of the teaching so much, or the hoity toity high school, but because the people I worked with there are some of the best people I've ever known, and I am still impressed with them to this day. And they like to drink beer on Fridays after work, which didn't hurt.

Here are Megan's three favorite posts:


Yellow Roses...a wonderful post on the changes a year can make and the beauty of friendship!


#1...a sweet letter to her first born.


Team Jackass...a hilarious (seriously, laugh out loud) story about what happens when you take your two best friends to birthing class with you! *giggle*


So, my lovlies...head on over to Megan, and see what she gives a "Flying Fork" about! ;) Tell her Mama sent you!

1 comment: